Summer Pudding Demonstration
On Tuesday, August 5th Barbara Sheridan gave us a demonstration on how to make an old English Summer Pudding. Below is the recipe for this delightful dessert.
2 pints (5 to 6 cups) Berries
6 tbs. sugar
1 tb. Lemon juice
12 to 15 slices soft white bread
1. To make pudding
2. Line a large bowl with plastic wrap, leaving enough excess to fold over the top once filled.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine berries and sugar, cook until berries release juices but retain their shape and sugar dissoves, 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice and salt.
5. Cut off the crusts of the white bread.
6. Soak the bread in the berry mixture and then add some berry mixture to the bottom of the bowl.
7. Repeat until the bowl is filled withbread and fruit.
8. Press gently cover tightly with excess plastic wrap.
0. Weigh down the top of the pudding and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.